Andreas is an experienced attorney with over 30 years of experience in both transactional and litigation matters. He has represented cooperatives, condominiums, and homeowner associations as both corporate counsel, amending their governing documents, advising them on shareholder and owner, as well as employee disputes, and preparing vendor and other types of contracts and agreements.
Andreas is an experienced litigator of community association disputes that could not be resolved by other means, including successfully arguing cases and appeals in Federal, State, and local courts, as well as in administrative tribunals.
- Lopez v. Hollisco Owners’ Corp., 669 Fed. Appx. 590 (2d Cir. 2016)
Successfully argued for the affirmance of a dismissal of a claim of employment discrimination brought against a cooperative and its managing agent)
- Cutone v. Riverside Towers Corp., 171 A.D.3d 476 (1st 2019)
Successfully sought dismissal of various claims, including breach of fiduciary duty, nuisance, and breach of contract brought against the Board and its members, which dismissal was affirmed on appeal)
- Levine v. Greene, 57 A.D.3d 627 (2008)
Successfully defended claims brought against an HOA against claims that the budget implemented by the Board violated the terms of their governing documents and breached their fiduciary duty, which dismissal was affirmed on appeal)
- Liberty on Warren LLC v. Dragon Estates Condo, 172 A.D.3d 477 (1st 2019)
Obtained dismissal of unit owner claims of tortious interference with contract, fraud, breach of contract, and fiduciary duty, which was affirmed on appeal)
- Hajovsky v. Berkely Cooperative Towers Sec. III Corp., 179 A.D.3d 1025 (2d Dept. 2020)
Obtained dismissal of age and disability discrimination claim, which was affirmed on appeal).
When Andreas isn’t working, you’ll find him going for runs, collecting stamps, dining out, and having a great time playing with his kid!
Areas Of Practice
- Cooperative Law
- Condominium Law
- Homeowners Association Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Real Estate Litigation
- NYU School of Law, LL.M., 1995
- Touro Law School, J.D., 1994
- Hunter College, CUNY, B.A., 1991
- New York, 1995
- New Jersey, 1995
- SDNY and EDNY, 1996